Please come join us for Spirit-filled worship every Sunday at 9:30 am. Whoever you are, wherever you are on life’s journey, you are WELCOME here!
First Church of Christ is OPEN AND AFFIRMING!– The church has declared that all people are welcome – people of every race, ethnicity, gender diversity, sexual orientation, marital or socio-economic status, age, and physical or mental ability. Everyone is welcome to worship, service, fellowship and leadership in this church. For more details, read the Press Release and Formal Declaration.
The Lenten Season begins March 1.
During Lent this year, we will take an in-depth look into the traditions of the church called “Spiritual Disciplines.” While there are many disciplines which are done personally and privately (such as fasting), this series will focus specifically on those things which we are called to do as a part of a community of faith. Join us as we journey with Jesus toward the cross.
March 19 – Sunday Service at 9:30 AM: Prayer. Luke 13:1-9, 31-35
March 26 – Sunday Service at 9:30 AM: Personal Discipline. Luke 16:19-31
April 2 – Sunday Service at 9:30 AM: Giving. Luke 19:1-10
April 9 (Palm Sunday) Service at 9:30 AM: Practicing Sabbath. Luke 19:29-40
Easter – Sunrise Service – 6 am
Easter – Traditional Sunday Worship service – 9:30 AM
Been Away? Catch up!
Want to Check out Pastor Shea’s recent Sermon?
We now have a YouTube Channel! See below for the current sermon or check out the channel to view a history of videos!
Communion Sunday is the Second Sunday of the month!
- 1st Wednesday of every month from 10am-12noon at Billy’s (742 Amity Rd, Bethany)
- 3rd Wednesday of every month from 10am-12noon at Country Corner Diner (756 Amity Rd, Bethany)
- 4th Wednesday of every month from 10am-12noon at Teddy B’s (136 Amity Rd, Bethany)
- Naugatuck Ecumenical food bank
FUNDRAISING INFO: The Church has several fundraising activities going on right now, and one (or more) might be just what you are looking for! Please contact the church office for more information on any of these programs.
- Stop and Shop Cards – 5% of every order of Stop and Shop gift cards goes right to the church. Use the cards for your every day grocery shopping or at the gas pumps. We place an order each week, so you get your cards within a week. Buy some each week! Check in with Deana or Craig at coffee hour for details.
- Help support the church by pledging!
SAFE Church Volunteer Policy – First Church believes in keeping kids safe and that is why we have developed a policy to ensure that our volunteers and employees working with our kids can keep them safe and protected. Click on the link to read the full policy.
Sanctuary Choir: Want to sing in our sanctuary choir? All are welcome to come and celebrate the Lord in song. Contact the church office for more information about rehearsal times.