Please come join us for Spirit-filled worship every Sunday at 9:30 am. Whoever you are, wherever you are on life’s journey, you are WELCOME here!
First Church of Christ is OPEN AND AFFIRMING!– The church has declared that all people are welcome – people of every race, ethnicity, gender diversity, sexual orientation, marital or socio-economic status, age, and physical or mental ability. Everyone is welcome to worship, service, fellowship and leadership in this church. For more details, read the Press Release and Formal Declaration.
Want to Check out Pastor Shea’s recent Sermon?
We now have a YouTube Channel! See below for the current sermon or check out the channel to view a history of videos!
All are welcome to join our twice-monthly Bible Study! Rev. Shea leads a great discussion that engages everyone regardless of your experience or knowledge. The group meets at 7 PM every Second Sunday of the month at First Church in Bethany (511 Amity Rd) and the Fourth Sunday of the month at South Congregational in Waterbury (160 Piedmont). If you have any questions, please reach out the Rev. Shea for more details or just show up! Bring your favorite version of the bible (but if you don’t have one, we have plenty here). See you then!
- 1st Wednesday of every month from 10am-12noon at Billy’s (742 Amity Rd, Bethany)
- 3rd Wednesday of every month from 10am-12noon at Country Corner Diner (756 Amity Rd, Bethany)
- 4th Wednesday of every month from 10am-12noon at Teddy B’s (136 Amity Rd, Bethany)
- Naugatuck Ecumenical food bank
FUNDRAISING INFO: The Church has several fundraising activities going on right now, and one (or more) might be just what you are looking for! Please contact the church office for more information on any of these programs.
- Stop and Shop Cards – 5% of every order of Stop and Shop gift cards goes right to the church. Use the cards for your every day grocery shopping or at the gas pumps. We place an order each week, so you get your cards within a week. Buy some each week! Check in with Deana or Craig at coffee hour for details.
- Help support the church by pledging!
SAFE Church Volunteer Policy – First Church believes in keeping kids safe and that is why we have developed a policy to ensure that our volunteers and employees working with our kids can keep them safe and protected. Click on the link to read the full policy.
Sanctuary Choir: Want to sing in our sanctuary choir? All are welcome to come and celebrate the Lord in song. Our Music Director also offers piano, violin, and voice lessons. Contact Kweku with questions.